Job Title: Transpiration Supervisor
Reports To: Operations Manager
Job Location: Waverly, OH
FLSA Status: Exempt
The position will work with other members of Rural King Transportation and the Logistics team to increase company profitability and customer satisfaction by effectively coordinating the day to day operations of our fleet of professional drivers, efficient and cost-effective scheduling of deliveries and routing of Rural King trucks.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
· Responsible for efficient and cost-effective scheduling of deliveries and routing of Rural King trucks.
· Communicate daily plan made by operations clearly to drivers to ensure on time delivery of products.
· Use discretion and independence judgement in making decisions.
· Schedule pickups of returned materials from the stores.
· Track driver hours to accurately schedule their runs for the following day.
· Seek outside line hauls from vendors or carriers to eliminate driving with empty miles and to build the profitability of Rural King Transportation.
· Communicate to the appropriate parties any discrepancy that may arise with a delivery or pickup.
· Ensure Rural King is performing according to DOT regulations.
· Trouble shoot driver’s issues and communicate issues to stores and other departments.
· Oversee that the manifests are run and given to drivers in a timely fashion.
· Work closely with Safety and HR to perform the drivers’ couching and other communications to our fleet.
· Work closely with Maintenance to ensure our equipment is safe and DOT compliant.
· Work closely with Payroll to ensure all driver route sheets and payroll issues are communicated quickly and accurately.
· Strong communication skills
· Excellent time management skills and the ability to work in high pressure situations, as well as adapt quickly to change in priorities.
· Superior organizational skills and ability to work in fast-pace environment.
· Knowledge of logistics, including carriers, shipping policies, and procedures.
· Deliver excellent customer service with effective listing and communication.
· Accuracy and attention to detail.
· Able to work independently with some direction.
· Able to read a map and accurate plan a route.
· Problem solve and analytical ability.
· Working knowledge of Department of Transportation rules and regulations preferred.
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT USED:
· TMW will be used for planning software
· PC miler
· Microsoft Office
This position will have a company cell phone and be on call.